Did Something Go Wrong With Your Delivery? You Could Have a Medical Malpractice Suit

The birth of your child should be a joyful and celebratory experience. Unfortunately for some people, they do not get to have that experience. If you or your child suffered an injury either during your pregnancy or during your delivery, you may be able to file a medical malpractice suit against your doctor, hospital or other medical staff who acted with negligence in your case.

If your baby was injured either during your delivery, you could have grounds to file a medical malpractice suit. The most common cause of medical malpractice concerning infants involved your health care provider failing to monitor the baby’s oxygen intake pre and post delivery. Another common cause of medical malpractice suits concerning infants involves permanent harm or damage your infant suffered during childbirth that could have been avoided. However, there are other reasons you can file a medical malpractice suit on behalf of your child.

If your infant was injured while in the hospital, as your child’s parents, you an bring a lawsuit against who ever injured your child. You will be acting as the guardian for your child during the lawsuit. You can ask for general and specific damages in your lawsuit. General damage generally includes the cost of mental and physical pain and suffering as well as the loss of enjoyment of life. If your child requires continued care due to what occurred, you can also outline specific damages in your suit.

If you were injured before, during or after giving birth, you can also file a claim for medical malpractice if your injuries are the result of your doctor’s carelessness. For example, if the doctor failed to note your vital signs or information properly and this caused a complication, you can file a claim.

Hopefully, the birth of your child was filled with joy. However, if you or your child were injured during the birthing process, you may have grounds to file a medical malpractice claim on either your behalf or on the behalf of your child. Make sure you consult with an attorney about your situation. Go to the URL for that page to learn more about birth related medical malpractice reasons.