You May be Eligible for a Cinderella License so You Can Drive Again

Cinderella didn’t have a way to the ball because she didn’t have a coach, but her fairy Godmother came and created a coach for her out of a pumpkin. For one of a variety of reasons, you may not be able to drive, but you can get around that, like Cinderella did. While there isn’t going to be a fairy Godmother, fun songs, or a prince, you may be able to get your suspended license changed to a hardship license so that you will be able to drive. Just like Cinderella, though, a hardship license in Massachusetts does have some restrictions.

Not everyone can get a hardship license. The chances of you getting one depend on a variety of different aspects, such as your criminal history, the reason your license was suspended, and how long it’s going to be suspended for.

You won’t be able to drive anytime you want. You’ll be restricted to 12 hours a day of driving, including to work and back.

There may be restrictions on where you can drive with a hardship license. This will depend on what the DMV decides as well as any restrictions you receive as part of your sentence.

You must go through an application process and a hearing with the DMV to be able to get a hardship license, but there is no guarantee that your application will be approved. You can raise your chances of getting approved by hiring a lawyer to help you. They’ve applied for many before and know the process inside and out. They’ll be able to help you make sure that you have complied with any rules necessary before applying, help you fill out the application so everything is complete and correct, and they’ll even represent you at the DMV hearing.

A hardship license, also known as a Cinderella license, is hard to get. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to get, however, and with the right help you stand a high chance of being able to drive again until your license suspension is completed and you are able to have a regular driver’s license again. If you’ve been convicted of a traffic crime and lost your license, you should speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to see how you can get a hardship license so you can continue to work and make trips to the grocery store.